Encounter challenging clinical cases with children and families and need assistance with case conceptualization and treatment planning? Beautiful Minds provides assistance to evaluate and formulate clinical diagnosis and conduct transformative treatment plan based on Evidenced- Based Practices (EBPs)
Ideal for individual clinician or organization (mental health programs, early education settings).
Want to learn more about mental health disorders in young children and evidenced-based practices? Beautiful Minds offers specialized Infant Family Early Childhood Mental Health workshops and webinars using the guidelines in Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Developmental Disorder of Infancy and Early Childhood (DC:0–5™)
Trainings also focus on learning evidence based treatment models for the Birth to Five population, such as:
- Developmental Individual Differences and Relationship (Floortime/DIR)– treatment of children under 6 years old with co-occurring diagnoses of Autism, other Pervasive Developmental Disorders and mental health disorder.
- Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP) - specialized treatment for children aged 0-6 who have experienced severe trauma, separation and loss
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) – Ranked by the United Nations as the world’s most extensively researched parenting program. Seminar Level 2 and Primary Care Level 3.
Beautiful Minds utilizes standardized questionnaires with high reliability and validity which looks at child’s developmental, social-emotional, attachment, relational needs to identify potential challenges and provide early intervention.
- Pediatric Symptoms Checklist (PSC–35)
- Ages and Stages Questionnaires® Third Edition (ASQ-3)
- Ages and Stages Questionnaires®: Social Emotional Version 2 (ASQ:SE-2)
- Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers, with Follow-Up™ (M-CHAT-R/F),
- Child Behavior Checklist for Ages 1½-5 years (CBCL)
- Caregiver- Teacher Report Form for Ages 1½-5 years (CTR-F)
- Key Interactive Parenting Scales (KIPS)
Beautiful Minds provides behavioral health services to children who have challenging behaviors that interfere with their daily functioning. Beautiful Minds works closely with the family to implement treatment plans that improve child’s coping skills. Beautiful Minds offers therapy that focuses on increasing:
- Self-Regulation – child’s ability to manage strong emotions (anger, frustration, sadness…) to maintain focus and attention.
- Co-Regulation –caregivers’ ability to support the child regulate his strong emotions and strengthen parent-child relationship.
Raising a child is challenging and rewarding experiences. Beautiful Minds offers Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) to assist parents to better manage children with disruptive behaviors. Triple P is one of the most effective evidenced base parenting programs in the world, backed up by more than 35 years of ongoing research. Beautiful Minds provides different levels of parenting program:
- Level 4 (Stepping Stones): parents who have children from 0-12 with special needs
- Level 4 (Standard/Group): parents who have children from 0-12 with moderate to severe behaviors
- Level 5 (Pathways): parents with anger management and difficulties regulating strong emotions, which impacts parenting skills.
- Level 5 (Family Transitions): parents who experience personal distress from separation or divorce, which complicates parenting.
Studies by the American Academy of Pediatrics have confirmed that a child’s brain structure is influenced significantly by their environment and experiences during the first few years of life. It is important to know that babies and young children can remember traumatic events for years.
Beautiful Minds specializes providing Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), the evidenced based treatment for children aged 0-5 who have experienced at least one stressful events in their early life including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).